Part For Rv

Part For Rv

Are you new to RV life? Or you have some questions? Thankfully, we’ve got you covered. On this page, we have picked the most frequently asked questions that we hear from new RVers and answered them all for you.

What are the different types of RVs?

The RV industry is continuously evolving. Under the motor home category, there are motor home class A’s which resemble busses that come in both gas and diesel options. Class C’s that are a midsize motor home most widely known for the over the cab bunk bed and also come in gas and diesel options. Class B’s are the smallest type of motor home and cross over motor homes that closely resemble vans. They also have the look of a Class A and Class C motor home.

Do I need a different license to drive an RV?

Anyone with a regular driver’s license can drive most RV’s. However, the state you are will be the main factor that will decide because each state has different requirements. For example, some state requires a different license for large RV’s, so make sure you check your state’s regulations.

What are Grey and Black Tanks?

There are three tanks: Freshwater, Grey, and Black. The freshwater tank is self-explanatory, as it is just the tank that contains all of the freshwaters that comes from the taps. The grey water tank contains the dirty water that comes from your kitchen sink and shower. The black water tank retains all of the wastewater from your toilets. But if your RV doesn’t have a grey tank, then all of the used water goes to the black water tank.

Do I need separate insurance?

Yes, because there are different types of car insurance. Some car insurance policies are specifically made for RV’s, which could cover situations such as a full-time liability, higher liability limits, campsite liability, emergencies, total loss replacement, and many more.

What are GVWR, GCWR, and GVW?

Below is the full meaning for the three abbreviations:

  • GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) — the total allowed weight of the RV.
  • GCWR (Gross Combination Weight Rating) –the total allowed weight of any towing vehicles.
  • GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight) –the total weight of a fully loaded RV including people, and some equipment.

What are the additional costs to keep in mind when looking for an RV?

  • Insurance: Cost varies per provider.
  • Sales tax, delivery, etc.:
  • Parts and accessories: Including special packages, waste dumping parts, break systems, sanitation chemicals, and more.
  • Maintenance: This may include emergency repairs and routine care.

Where can I service my RV?

In theory, you can service your RV at any dealership that is part of the manufacturer’s network of dealers. However, You don’t have to lock yourself with the selling dealer’s service department only. RV Parts Center accepts all customers regardless of where they purchased. We offer exceptional service to make regular maintenance convenient and affordable for you.

If you do not find the answer to your RV question, please feel free to contact us at RV Parts Center.

Part For Rv

RV Parts Center

1946 E. Occidental St., Santa
1946 E. Occidental St.

Santa Ana CA 92705 US

View Larger Map

Scroll to Top